Re: Twitter alternatives for the blind community?

According to Rich Morin:

I'm delighted to hear that Pleroma is working on improving a11y. I'm already a big fan of the Elixir language (which Pleroma is based on), so that's a double win for me...

Pleroma also runs their own Gitlab instead of relying on Microsoft to host their code, which is another win for me, especially since this actually allows me to report any issues and even contribute to the code if I can learn the language. I'm not a huge fan of Gitlab, but it sure beats having to give personal information to Microsoft just to report a bug.

I'm not necessarily a huge fan of Postgres, but I don't much like MariaDB for anything other than its ubiquity either. So I just may take a closer look at Pleroma, and since I have only about 5 approved users on my Friendica server, informing them of the change shouldn't be too difficult, and I may be able to switch over myself.

For now, Twitter is kinda stop and go on my Friendica, and there are a few accounts that I still follow, mostly businesses and brands I purchase, but other things as well, so I do want to keep it running as long as it mostly works. As soon as it stops working for good though, and it will at some point certainly, Pleroma looks like a clear winner.

~Kyle