mailing list privacy, etc.

I'm in violent agreement with Didier's feelings about confusion between posters in this mailing list.  Reading completely anonymous postings and trying to figure out whether and how they relate to previous postings is a real drag.  That said, I'm open to various ways it could be resolved.

Regarding posters' desire to be anonymous, I'll point out (again :-) that it would be fine for posters to use some sort of nickname, pseudonym, etc.  It only has to be unusual enough to let the reader tell various posters apart.  So, for example, "Fred" isn't very useful, but "Fred123" or even "abc123" would work just fine...

- Rich Morin