Re: FYI - Command Line Programs for the Blind

Also Windows just works. Nothing just crashes out of nowhere,

When did that start happening? I always found just sitting down at a Microsoft computer to be a wrestling match. Random crashes usually at just the wrong time, many hoops to jump through just to do things I took for granted even in the days of good old-fashion DOS, just plugging in a printer or other simple device was enough to send my computer into a tailspin, and then there is all the antivirus and antispyware stuff I had to run that slowed down the computer almost as much as just the screen reader could do. Even the very first time I used a Linux computer, back before the days of graphical desktops with a11y that worked, I went from cursing my computer 3 or more times a day to cursing it maybe twice a month, and that was usually because I was intentionally breaking something so that I could learn how to fix it. That was before I tried to wrestle with EMACSpeak and Mutt LOL. I cursed EMACSpeak for like 5 to 10 minutes before I just gave up, and actually wrestled with Mutt for about a week before running back to Pine back in those days. Things have greatly improved since then.

~Kyle