Re: Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Tony Baechler here.

You're right. I hadn't thought of that. My ancient DECtalk Express doesn't do Unicode. Windows screen readers do Unicode. Even Android does Unicode. I would think there might be a way to borrow from Google. They developed a screen reader for Android which is based on Linux. Oh yes, they would definitely notice if Unicode is missing. I don't really see them using emacs. There are lots of other practical reasons to support Unicode, even though I don't like it. I agree that Speech Dispatcher is probably the better place to start. That not only gives Orca Unicode support but Speakup and anything else which uses it.