Re: Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

At this point, speech-dispatcher is not designed to be a text processor, as correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe it assumes that supported synthesizers already have built in text processing capabilities. Any pronunciation handling in either speech-dispatcher or a screen reader should handle user-defined exceptions only, until or unless speech-dispatcher becomes a text processing application that sends raw phonemes to most if not all supported speech synthesizers. Otherwise, we risk serious pronunciation errors similar to the Speakup error I noted earlier. Of course, if full text processing is indeed on the roadmap for speech-dispatcher, then this message may be disregarded in its entirety.
~kyle