Re: Sonar GNU/Linux merges with Vinux

Tony Baechler here.

First, regarding SBL, yes, the .de email would be correct. Here is a generic command to figure out which binaries a Debian (.deb) package installs:

dpkg -L sbl | grep bin

Regarding boot messages, I usually don't want to hear them either. I silence Speakup as soon as it starts talking and play a beep at the login prompt. However, when something goes wrong, it helps to know what happened. If I wait a while and don't hear the beep, I know something happened. It's like insurance. Hopefully you won't need it, but it's good to have it. Yes, you can use dmesg to hear boot messages from the console, but if the machine won't boot, that doesn't help.