Re: mutt indexing (was Re: Orca & tbird issues)

I take it your job doesn't require you to read & respond to email. There are many reasons you might need to find a message from years ago if email is a big part of your job. I save almost everything I send but only a fraction of what I receive. Even so, the archive for each year's email is sometimes many thousands of messages.