Orca & tbird issues (was: Update related to F123e)

The problem that keeps getting me in thunderbird is that if you tab into a mailbox, orca will read the subject & from headers for a message that may or may not be selected. If you wait until it's done speaking, orca will indeed say, "not selected". But who waits for orca to read that whole thing? A similar thing happens if you press the end or control+end keys to go to the end of the list of messages in a mailbox. Orca will read the subject & from headers for the last message in the mailbox but that is not the message that is currently selected. If you press control+r to reply, you will be replying to the wrong message.

If you remember to move the focus around you can make sure you are on the message you actually want to respond to. But the problem is compounded by the fact that when you press reply, orca often has a problem reading the text in the message body. Mostly this can be fixed by shifting the focus away from thunderbird and back. I have little doubt this problem is basically with thunderbird because it is similar to a problem with gnome-terminal. When you opena tab in gnome-terminal, orca often cannot read the text in the tab. If you switch the focus to different tab and back, then orca can read the text. I asked about this on the orca list and Jeanmarie Diggs said it was due to gnome-terminal being ill-behaved. It wasn't setting the focus correctly or something.