Re: Orca & tbird issues

I haven't had problems as you have described in Thunderbird for some time, although I do get hangs and frozen speech, even though all other apps speak without issues. SeaMonkey on the other hand works much better here. I neither hear spoken messages that are not selected, nor do I lose focus often. I have disabled all checkboxes that cause messages to be stored on this computer, so it cuts down a lot of the i/o that seems to hang things. However, Thunderbird doesn't appear to honor that option, so I'm on SeaMonkey for the foreseeable future, untill or unless Evolution, Balsa, Geary, Claws-mail or something else gets its act together and starts reading everything I need to hear and/or stops crashing as I try to use it.
Sent from a revelation