Re: Big project with pulseaudio and streaming

According to Janina Sajka:
# Ah, I'm behind on the thread -- sorry.

No problem at all. I still welcome any and all input, even at this late stage, especially since I'm still trying to work out the final streaming, mixing and recording solution that will be most like the current setup, while at the same time minimizing the headaches that may be experienced by a Mac user attempting to smoothly transition to free software.

# One quick observation ...
#
# Jack can be driven pretty effectively from the command line, which means
# it might be possible to script a particular setup. You may not have to
# rely on gui tools.

I am definitely looking at scripting something. It would be very easy to adapt to the needs of an individual, as long as there is sufficient knowledge of the basics of the script. Also, I can work something out and pass it along to anyone else who may be interested in the form of a simple script file, rather than having to write down every click that has to be performed at the proper time. The initial solution I looked at, which I believe I linked in my original post, included a script that I should only need to modify to make things work as expected. Variations on a theme. <smiles>
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/