Re: help with vmlinuz

Hi,
> You need to make the symbolic link /vmlinuz point to
> /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18. Do something like the following
>
> # ln -s /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18 /vmlinuz

Can it be that my bios doesn't support this new kernel-type?
when i typed lilo -v it says vmlinuz > /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-bf2.4 this time
but i also did get some warning because of my bios which i can not recall
since i deleted my vmlinuz-2.20 these warnings didn't occur any more. Now i
only have the chance to boot up via floppy and of course it loaded up the
2.20 kernel, the boot floppy which i prepared for 2.4.18-bf2.4 also doesn't
want to work, but there the installation script prompted me and said it may
not work due to some size on my machine that doesn't match with what the
kernel supports, so i already was prepared for that.
When my 2.20 kernel still was present on my hd lilo's output was something
like:
WARNING: different geometries in function; Bios drive 0x80.
I can not exactly remember what it was, but now i know that for sure the
ln -s didn't work and the bios somehow managed to load up 2.20 kernel
allthough /vmlinuz pointed to 2.4 kernel, and that must have been because of
my bios.
I have no important data to loose, so i am open for experiments.
So if anyone can help me, i'd be grateful.
Thanks and Regards, Attila.