Re: no brltty after Knoppix hd-install

"attila konietzka" <attilakonietzka@xxxxxx> writes:

> thanks,
> the thing i tried is the following:
> i booted the knoppix cd up, then i mounted my /dev/hda1 which is actually my
> root partition, and weh i typed ls -a
> all it showed was the 2 directories of ".." and "." and nothing more.
> What have i done wrong? /dev/hda1 is correctly mounted and i can change to
> /mnt/hda1 without any problems after booting up my knoppix.
Are you really sure your root partition is correctly mounted on
/mnt/hda1 ? Perhaps try to unmount it in remount it again and see if
there is no errors displayed.

> Further i want to know, if kde is booted up when knoppix starts from hd. As
> i mentioned before, i answered the request for a graphical login from the
> install script with no.
No, if you answered "no" to the question, Kde is not started at all !

> What would the Start-command in the shell-script look like?
for example if your brltty executable is located in /usr/bin the command
will be :
/usr/bin/brltty -b your_brltty_driver -t your_default_text_table
Of course, replace brltty driver and text table with the correct items
corresponding to your needs !

> Sorry for so many questions at once, but i am a total newbie.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks and regards Attila

Nath