Re: SV: iso download with no ftp/bootdisks

On Tuesday, 26 august 2003 at 3:33:57 +0200, Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:

> I am trying to download linux iso images from some distributions.
> Yesterday I begun to download but it didn't worked and I soon found out why.

Did you try download Linux from various mirrored sites, or only from
main ftp servers? Did your admin/provider something by access to ftp?
>From reason security, or something?

> the distributions I plan to use is RedHat, maybe try slackware and mandrake.

Why not Debian? ;^) (I'm only asking.)

> now since my bootdisk questions I have come up with some others.
> 1. redhat question.
> What version shall i download of it?
> there are at least two or three.

If you can, the newest stable (probably 9.0). I don't use RH, I try only
help, but...

> 1. you said that the brltty didn't work with rh 9.

...if making bootdisk for this version isn't really possible, you should
try older versions, like 7.3 or 8.0.

Regards,
--
Lisp kills brain cells. It's one of the few languages you can walk away