Re: SV: iso download with no ftp/bootdisks

You may want to consider ordering from cheapbytes (http://cart.cheapbytes.com/cgi-bin/cart ) after the cost of CDs and download time it usally is worth it.

Hope that helps,

N.

Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:

Hello!
I am trying to download linux iso images from some distributions.
Yesterday I begun to download but it didn't worked and I soon found out why.
The files I try to download is on an ftp site.
I want files that isn't on ftp.
the distributions I plan to use is RedHat, maybe try slackware and mandrake.

now since my bootdisk questions I have come up with some others.
1. redhat question.
What version shall i download of it?
there are at least two or three.
2. bootdisk questions.
you said that it was hard to make bootdisks for mandrake.
but is it possible anyway?
if so how shall I do one?
can you give me a clue?
nd and finally two rh questions.
1. you said that the brltty didn't work with rh 9.
do you mean brltty in general or just the bootdisk?
if only the bootdisk is it only that script that come with brltty that
doesn't work?
or can i make a bootdisk myself?
2. kickstart question
EDif it is  only the bootdisk that doesn't work with rh 9 do you think that
it would be  good idea to use kickstart to install redhat?
or was it that the thing to make automatic installs of rredhat called so?

when answering to this message can you please send a copy to: kristoffer.gustafsson@xxxxxxxxxxx I need a quick reply

thanks

kristoffer