Re: Getting started.

If you are talking about the parallel-port synthesizer made about 12 years
ago by Ron Morford's company, Automated Functions, I doubt it.  I never
owned one, but from what I read, it sounded like a TSR program containing
part of the text-to-speech algorithm had to be loaded in DOS in order to
run it.  This would be like running an internal Artic, Sounding Board,
Accent-PC, etc.  If text-to-speech translation is done entirely in the
unit, such as for the DECTalk, DoubleTalk, etc. there is a chance that
someone could develop a driver for it.  If this is not the synthesizer
you're referring to, I'm sorry for wasting your time.

At 08:54 AM 8/7/03 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Janina and list,
>
>Do you know anything about the SmartTalk and whether or not It will work
>with SpeakUp?
>
>Stevie.

Braille is the solution to the digital divide.
Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535   <http://www.loc.gov/nls/>
HOME:  <http://lras.home.sprynet.com>
The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent
those of NLS.