Getting started.

Hi,

    I hope I have the correct list for a posting such as this. If not,
please would someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

    I'm exploring the options for installing Linux, for the first time as a
VI user. Online research has thrown up several implementations of Linux,
including Debian, Knoppex, RedHat and Suse. I've also come across DTE's such
as Gnome and KDE, along with screen readers such as Gnopernicus and Speakup.

    I'm now hoping for any advice as to which is the most VI friendly
implementation and what combination of hardware and software is best. At
present, I don't have access to a hardware synth, so as I understand it,
access to Speakup isn't possible, but beyond that my options are open.

    I realise this topic must come up fairly often, so if there is a good
resource other than the Speakup and Blinux FAQs which are recommended, I'd
be most interested. Please reply off list if you feel that a public reply
would unnescessarily clutter the list.

    Otherwise, I look forward to hearing your suggestions and making the
most of the obvious wisdom I've noticed whilst lurking on the list. Smile.

Thanks,
Tink
--
Léonie Watson  |  t. +44 (0) 117 344 5012

Visit our web site today:
http://www.nomensa.com/