Re: a new linux problem

Or ou can do what I did. I removed ATAPI CD-ROM support form the kernel
and put in scsi CDROM and SCSI generic support. No hassle that way. All
your CD-ROM's get SCSI so you don't need to load modules or nothing. It
is better to have all cdroms act like scsi devices anyways according to
the CDrecord docs as well as a couple other things I was reading. At
any rate both of my drives work fine so that's what I woudl do.