Re: Please help with small test

I don't know about the i18n font having anything to do with it--but I've
only ever used iso and utf8. I have, however, had several settings in
lilo.conf over the years. Currently, I have a line that says:

vga=832

which gives me 64 rows and 175 columns. Sweet.

There was a discussion of this on the Speakup list just a week or so
hence. Someone posted a set of possible values. You might want to check
the Speakup archives.

Dave Mielke writes:
> From: Dave Mielke <dave@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> [quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on August 1, 2003, at 10:06]
>
> >If I do this from a boot floppy, the dmesg messages show that the
> >console starts out at 50 lines, but before the login prompt it gets
> >changed back to 25.
>
> My guess is that it's related to the SYSFONT= speficiation in
> /etc/sysconfig/i18n. That font is probably too big for a 50-line screen. Try
> changing it to a font which is small enough.
>
> --
> EMail: dave@xxxxxxxxx | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.
> http://familyradio.com/                   | http://mielke.cc/bible/

				Janina Sajka, Director