Re: brltty with the braille lite

well, if /dev/ttyS3 is being accessed, I think you are right. It isn't going to
make a difference to compile it from source.
Now my only thought would be that something else might be trying to access that
irq also?
Are you running this with speakup at the same time and, if so, is speakup giving
you any messages during boot that indicate a problem? Or is there anything that
indicates a problem in /var/log/messages?

Cheryl