Re: RedHat 9 installation surprises

Hi,

I had approximately the same results. I could not read titles, footers,
check boxes or highlighted items in Braille; they came out as all
question marks. I could read most of the non-highlighted items. Since
the cursor (still!) hangs out on the line below the highlighted one just
like in Red Hat 8 install, it further adds to the interest. Fortunately
with a combination of Braille and Optacon and sweat I muddled through to
victory. Other consoles were completely question marks; I don't think I
tried the Optacon on them.

I was afraid it was the way I built the hacked initrd. Glad (well, sad!)
I'm not the only one with the problem. Apparently they're not really
going into text mode; the screen is 29 lines high, though still 80
columns. Maybe it's missing Braille font maps or something...