Re: msn registration

I think about the only thing to do is to sue Microsoft.  Sounds crazy, but
unfortunately it's true.  Even if you could get to the link, the audio
file that is provided is "intentionally garbled" according to the page
where I found it.  And if you try to listen to it, it will take you many
many tries before you gan get one you can halfway understand.  My wife
still uses windows and I was trying to set her up with a passport so she
could use the messenger, and so that's how I found out just how hard they
intentionally make it for blind or visually impaired people to actually
get a passport account.  It took me about an hour and a half just to get
her signed up, and the majority of the time was spent going to the exact
link to which you are referring over and over because their audio file was
too garbled to understand.  Then when I called Microsoft in an attempt to
resolve the problem, I got nothing but the royal run-around.  No one
wanted to even take the time to listen.  One person told me she would let
me talk to her supervisor to try to work out the problem and promptly put
me on hold for 15 minutes only to hang up on me.  And then somebody
finally gave me the number to their legal department, which turned out to
be nothing more than a bunch of voice mail and prerecorded messages.
So to briefly sum things up, I don't think we will get any cooperation
from Microsoft and we will have to resort to legal remedies just like so
many other people including the government have had to do in the past.
Although this time, I hope the results are a little more favorable for us,
as so far, Microsoft seems to still be able to continue doing everything
the courts told them they can't do anymore, and seem to be able to get
away with all of it somehow.
I didn't mean to take up so much time and disk space ranting, but I felt
this was probably the best place to let people know what Microsoft is
doing now and what needs to be done to remedy the situation, since we were
on the topic of setting up a passport account.

Thanks for listening, and good luck!
Lorenzo

[In 'Doctor' mode], I spent a good ten minutes telling Emacs what I
thought of it.  (The response was, 'Perhaps you could try to be less
abusive.')
	-- Matt Welsh

Cheryl Homiak staggered into view and mumbled: