Re: telnet installation of Redhat

No, no, no ... No need to reinstall. At least, not to deal with the
scripted firewall configuration. You can generally run all the same
utilities involved in the installation process directly from the command
line. Just issue:

setup

from the command prompt. Be sure to be root, and be sure to pay
attention to where your cursor really is, because it isn't where Speakup
is speaking! It's that same error that has been with us because of the
newt libraries for awhile. The situation will be familiar since you've
already succeeded installing.

Congratulations, by the way. Always glad to hear someone succeeded.

Lorenzo Prince writes:
> From: Lorenzo Prince <lorenzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Red Hat does support serial port installation.  I just don't have that
> kind of cable, but I do have a network, so I used the telnet install.  It
> worked great.  However, I think I did something wrong that will cause me
> to have to do the whole thing again.  I set the firewall to medium
> security.  I thought this would allow me to still access SSH after I
> rebooted, but it doesn't.  Ideally, I would prefer to have the firewall
> set to high security on this particular computer, but I need SSH only.  Is
> there a way to either turn off the firewall temporarily or allow SSH
> without speech output or do I have to totally reinstall the system and
> set the firewall to none?
>
> Thanks,
> Lorenzo
>
> Oh, and this is another kernel in that great and venerable "BugFree(tm)"
> series of kernels.  So be not afraid of bugs, but go out in the streets
> and deliver this message of joy to the masses.
> 	-- Linus, in the announcement for 1.3.27

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)