Re: telnet installation of Redhat

Red Hat does support serial port installation.  I just don't have that
kind of cable, but I do have a network, so I used the telnet install.  It
worked great.  However, I think I did something wrong that will cause me
to have to do the whole thing again.  I set the firewall to medium
security.  I thought this would allow me to still access SSH after I
rebooted, but it doesn't.  Ideally, I would prefer to have the firewall
set to high security on this particular computer, but I need SSH only.  Is
there a way to either turn off the firewall temporarily or allow SSH
without speech output or do I have to totally reinstall the system and
set the firewall to none?

Thanks,
Lorenzo

Oh, and this is another kernel in that great and venerable "BugFree(tm)"
series of kernels.  So be not afraid of bugs, but go out in the streets
and deliver this message of joy to the masses.
	-- Linus, in the announcement for 1.3.27