Re: Lynx Question

Hi GWK,

Check the 'o'ptions menu. There's a setting near the top called Keypad
Mode. Set this to the top choice, Numbers act as arrows. Yours is
probably on one of the others, perhaps something like Links and fields
are numbered.

Ironically, I just discovered this setting yesterday and changed mine in
the opposite direction. I'm not sure whether I'll really like those
numbers, but the Braille cursor routing buttons seem to malfunction
often (for example in the options menu) and I figured it'd be easier
than dragging the cursor around all the time.

But, come to think of it, I'm not sure how to enter two-digit link
numbers...

HTH,

Lee

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 04:52:50PM -0700, Gary Wynn wrote: > Does anyone
know why lynx often adds extra words in when presenting a web > page?
Extra words like, "link, button, inline"., sometimes with numbered >
links, like "[8]link.  > > What can be done to elimninate such extra
garbage, and have a clean > webpage?  > > TIA > GWK > > Freedom, like
sanity, is best examined often to be sure one still has it.  > > > >