Re: Lynx Question

Did you try looking at the lynx options menu or the
searching the man page yet?  Most questions will be
answered there, but if things still seem opaque, let us
know what questions remain.

Personally, I think that having these features
(options) turned on helps to navigate and speed
textmode browsing (replace missing colorization,
images, etc), but only if you know why they are there,
and how to use them: the help, options menu, and man
page should help explain the "why".

LCR

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Gary Wynn wrote:

> Does anyone know why lynx often adds extra words in
> when presenting a web page?  Extra words like, "link,
> button, inline"., sometimes with numbered links, like
> "[8]link.
>
> What can be done to elimninate such extra garbage,
> and have a clean webpage?
>
> TIA GWK
>
> Freedom, like sanity, is best examined often to be
> sure one still has it.

L. C. Robinson
reply to no_spam+munged_lcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

People buy MicroShaft for compatibility, but get incompatibility and
instability instead.  This is award winning "innovation".  Find
out how MS holds your data hostage with "The *Lens*"; see
"CyberSnare" at http://www.netaction.org/msoft/cybersnare.html