yasr

Hi! I just installed yasr and have some questions.

I am a newbye to linux and work in `emacspeak' using multilingual
server. This server is using mbrola&freephone for english language and
ru_tts for russian and allows users to work with these two languages
without switching between them manually. Yasr works with this server
pretty well but the problem is that i can read russian text with yasr
only letter by letter with arrow keys. So my first question is: if
anyone on this list using yasr with language other than english and
what tricks such user can advise me to get yasr to work with russian?

Another question is about filtering repeated symbols. Is this
customizable? I mean that in my case equal signs '=' are not filtered
but strings such as '========" appear in readme files quite
often. What can i do with that right now? I am using yasr version
0.6.3.

Thanks in advance!
--
Best regards,