Re: debian install help please

Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> writes:

> So, if Red Hat worked and Debian doesn't, why not go back to Red Hat?

I am not trying to raise a distribution war here now (really, I do not want to
do this, so direct flames directly to me in private if you can't resist),
but one strong reason I could think of for avoiding RedHat if you're a blind
user is that RedHat recently dropped alot of the text-mode programs which
used to be available in earlier versions.  I've been told that
this is because they're emphasizing on the Desktop, and try to keep the
set of packages at a possible minimum.  This means that text-mode apps
get dropped in favour for their more nicely looking GUI versions.

I may be wrong with this, since it is only second hand information, and
I'm really just a "sometimes on a server" RedHat user, but
I thought those were some pretty bad developments regarding blind users.

--
CYa,
  Mario