redhat installation help

I downloaded and installed redhat 8 from the speakup website.
I have connectivity to the net, and up2date works.
I thought, when I installed, that I had selected 'all applications' but I
noticed gcc, and emacs (among others) were missing.
I know I can type
up2date <appname>
and that app will be installed.
Is there a way to make up2date install every linux app it knows about? I
have a 20-gig /usr/local partician, so space shouldn't be an issue.  I don't
want to have to guess at what apps I have, or don't.
if I can't do it with up2date, can I add the speakup boot loader options to
a kickstart bootdisk so that I can try installing again?
What would happen if I went to the rpm directory in each of the three cds in
order and typed
rpm -u *

any help would be appriciated.