Re: Configuring Network Connections

OK. This should be fairly straight forward. Try the following:

grep -i eth0 /etc/modules.conf

That should return a line that includes the module name of the driver for the port eth0. That way you know one was found and configured. If not, that's
where we'll have to start, debugging.

You can do:

lsmod |grep [module.name]

to see if it's actually loaded. If not, do:

modprobe [module.name]

to load it.

That tkaes care of the hardware. Now the connection. Do:

dhclient eth0

Hopefully, this will probe and obtain your dynamic address. You should see it in the messages on screen. At any time, you can:

ifconfig eth0

to get a report on that device. Any address will be near the top, right below the mac address.

Some providers require the registration of a mac address. There are other gotchya's. But this should get the ball rolling, and hopefully, it will be
sufficient.

PS: If it works, let us know. The next step is to make this automatic at boot time.