For Mario Lang and Dave Mielke: cursor in Vario 40 and brltty.

Hello, I installed Linux on my second hard disk a week ago, the Debian 3 distribution with Brltty 2.99.5 installed, my friend got it by typing apt-get install brltty.
I notice that the cursor does not follow me, I mean: I don't read the menus and options, and links in web pages, unless I navigate with the navigation keys of the Braille display, but then when I reach the link or menu option, I can't click with the cursor routing key, as I am used to do in Win98.
I am using the Links web browser (not L y n x), and Dave Mielke suggested me to try with the tracking cursor option.
I am asking Mario Lang, who I think is the author of Vario 40 Brltty support, how can I solve this problem? It is not only in Links, but also in other application as text editors and my sound card volume control (aumix).
I wait for an answer.
thank you.
Jois
PS: should I upgrade to brltty 3.1, and how could I do that?