Re: Specific info needed please?

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Krishnakant wrote:

> I also want to know what other accessibility options
> I have with the linux gui.

With linux, you can have tremendous power, and far more
versatility, with no GUI at all.  In fact, you may be
better off without it, depending on what you are doing.
To learn more, read the blinux FAQ, and the other
documents it points to.

> I hope some day that I will be able to use linux like
> I can use windows.

Not something that most us would wish for; too much of
a loss to go back to that.  But you need to be prepared
for a different way of thinking about interfaces, and
a much improved, but different philosophy of computing,
with different approaches to all sorts of things.

> Please provide some valuable info.

Tons of that available at http://www.tldp.org/, and
much of the info maintained there should be installed
locally with your distribution.

-- L. C. Robinson
reply to no_spam+munged_lcr@onewest.net.invalid

People buy MicroShaft for compatibility, but get incompatibility and
instability instead.  This is award winning "innovation".  Find
out how MS holds your data hostage with "The *Lens*"; see
"CyberSnare" at http://www.netaction.org/msoft/cybersnare.html