Partitions

Yes, Virginia, there is life outside Daisy. Is it poison ivy?

Meaning: I've got Windows XP Home on an NTFS file system. From reading a
document about partitioning I believe that I can't have a FAT and NTFS
partition on the same disk, right? Though UMSDOS requires FAT (not including
FAT32?) and though this is required for any of the sight-free Linux
installations (preferably Braille, not speech), could I get some other Linux
file system to coexist with NTFS to give me a multi-boot system? Is there
any way I could subsection the free space on my disk and turn it into a
partition without having to reformat the whole thing and reinstall Windows
(which I can't do since it's an OEM system).

Or can I add a second hard drive and boot either system that way?

Thanks,

--

Lee Maschmeyer
lee_maschmeyer@wayne.edu