Emacspeak, flite and handhelds

in theory it should be possible, and I've been chasing this for about a
year.
One real problem is that emacspeak and emacs are fair sized programs.
I've not yet seen either ported to handhelds, I've heard on excellent
authority that this has been achieved with a 1Gb pcmcia card, I just
 don't have one.

I'm currently using an ipaq 3850 with a foldable keyboard.
I've been told that support for mmc/sd cards is currently being written.
This will kind of double the available storage.
64Mb is just not enough.

I'm a teacher of adults with severe learning difficulties, and whilst
they can see, they mostly can't read well.

best wishes

jonathan
http://www.peepo.com