virtual dumbness

Quoting David:
He can't use Linux's virtual consoles the way he's sending output to his VB2+.
He's starting a shell from rc.local.
unqoute.

David, could you elaborate on that just a tad.
Why does this setup stop virtual consoles?
Where might I put a redirection to /dev/ttyS0 so as to allow them?
Is there any way to have virtual consoles output with no vt escape sequences?

I am not married to this particular setup.
It's just the first thing we thought of.
I only started linux two weeks ago.

Also, I am working on the terminal emulation / vb questions you asked.
I will get back to you on that.

Thanks.