job prob

David, thanks a million.
Thatworked perfectly.
Maybe I should quit while I'm ahead, but:

My jobs will not suspend with control z.
However, telnet will suspend with control right bracket and z.
When i try to suspend anything except telnet, it says
"cannot suspend on a shell without job control."

The enable command says fg and bg are enabled.
I am using bash right now.
How can I make the shell have job control?
And how come telnet can suspend?

Thank you.

Brian Tew