talking linux palm?

"Prasad Chaturvedula" <popra_31@yahoo.com> writes:

> That's great. Sound like you have tried Flite on teh StrongARM architecture.
I didn't try it myself, but I tried flite on i386 and I
talked to mandrake on opn who works for cepstral and is doing
ARM related flite work too there. You can fetch precompiled
flite binaries for the StrongARM from the flite site btw.

> What is this eflite?

Eflite is a emacspeak speech server for flite.
Works with YASR too I heard.

> How much memory do the speech libraries for flite take up?

The aim of flite is to minimize memory footprint, but I cant
give any exact figures right now. Maybe you can dig something out
on the flite website/documentation?

--
CYa,
  Mario