talking linux palm?

Rafael Skodlar <raffi@linwin.com> writes:

>> > I am also very interested in finding an accessible PDA running linux.
>> > I've done some research, and the iPaq seems like a good choice.
>> > The h3600 is the most common model to run linux on.
>>
>> That is certainly true. What did you find out about keyboards? I think
>> we really need a mini-keyboard for a PDA to be useable. And the iPAQ
>> just doesnt have one.
>>
>> Right, as extension for external use. But is that really so good?

> I had my hands on Sharp's Zaurus SL-5500 for a few moments recently and it
> seem to be a nice Linux PDA.
I also received that as an advice on #handhels.org on OPN.

Did you have a chance to test the internal speaker. Do you think it could be
used with a speech synthesizer?

All things (software) are in place now, eflite works. flite is designed
for ARM architecture, and I believe Emacs is available for ARM.

So having some hardware, which can be used with debian, I'd start instantly.
Install eflite, flite, emasc, emascpeak. Prob is, that will not fit into
most roms (16mb is to small I believe). So you'd need a external
hard disk again, whcihc isnt that much fun.

Comments?

--
CYa,
  Mario