old dectalk

Hello,
I recently got my hands on an old dectalk dtc01 unit.  This is the big
monster with the phone jacks on the back.  The unit works fine.  I need to
know if someone has the escape sequences for this unit?  I want to write
some software under linux to play with it, but I need the dectalk control
codes.   Does anone have any ascii version of the documentation for this
beast?
I have an old vax machine.  Openvms has interfaces for this unit, but I
don't know vms.