installing slackware 8.1 using serial console

Hi.
Has anyone had any luck installing slackware 8.1 using a serial
console?
I made the 6 required disks, and when it finally loads all
six, and it ask me if i want to select an
alternative keyboard, I try to press enter on
the serial console, but slackware ignores it.
and it doesn't accept it from the regular console keyboard either.

phil