wanted talking linux laptop

--=====================_696804511==.ALT

Lindows is not a good distribution of Linux to start with to create a
talking Linux box.  It is intended to be a user friendly Linux
distribution, to mimick the Windows look.  Incidentally, Walmart.com is now
shipping Mandrake instead of Lindows.

You'd be better off starting off with Debian or Gentoo or something of that
sort.

Matt

At 03:15 PM 7/16/2002 -0400, Mail4cobb@aol.com wrote:
>I believe walmart is selling Linux or Lindows computers. How much would it
>run to make them speak or for that matter a PC running Linux?
>
>Jeff
>
>http://www.wheelchairmodifications.org
>Richmond, Va

--=====================_696804511==.ALT

Lindows is not a good distribution of Linux to start with to create a
talking Linux box.&nbsp; It is intended to be a user friendly Linux
distribution, to mimick the Windows look.&nbsp; Incidentally, Walmart.com
is now shipping Mandrake instead of Lindows.<br><br>
You'd be better off starting off with Debian or Gentoo or something of
that sort.<br><br>
Matt<br><br>
At 03:15 PM 7/16/2002 -0400, Mail4cobb@aol.com wrote:<br>
walmart is selling Linux or Lindows computers. How much would it run to
make them speak or for that matter a PC running Linux? <br><br>
Jeff <br><br>