anybody want to get involved re: usps.com

--=======4A6D791C=======

Hi John,

Yes, indeed, while I am definitely a Linux fan, I believe different kinds
of technology have their own places.  Linux is excellent for fast, reliable
server computers, and for computer users who just can't afford expensive
operating systems and applications, as well as even more expensive screen
readers.  Nevertheless, we also can't expect all site designers not to use
any "flashy" effects.  Making such requirements part of any request for
greater accessibility is only going to hurt our cause.  I just want decent
access, I don't support making specific requirements that a particular site
work with an obsolete browser such as Lynx.

I am absolutely hopeful, and keeping my fingers crossed with respect to
Gnome, Gnupernicus, and other projects for access to the GUI under
Linux.  If these solutions provide good access to a web browser like
Netscape, then all concerns about compatibility with Lynx for Linux users
should be somewhat nullified, because blind Linux users would then have the
ability to use a modern web browser.

Just my $0.02!

---