anybody want to get involved re: usps.com

--=======21DC41C=======

Hi Cheryl,

OK, hmmm, understood.  Hmmm, and I thought the only viable text based
browser was Lynx (l y n x); learned something new / I haven't been paying
close enough attention...  Where can I find out more about Links (l i n k s)?

I do agree that usability with JAWS should absolutely *not* constitute an
accessibility standard.  My current personal standard that I request from
web designers is that all portions of a site be "reasonably" usable with a
mainstream web browser (Internet Explorer) and a screen reader that has
solid access to that browser (JAWS, Window-Eyes...).

That's all.  Note that I don't even request absolutely 100 percent perfect
access, either, just the ability to make use of all features and
benefits.  I am of the opinion that this level of access is practically
speaking all we can realistically ask.

Thanks.

At 03:29 PM 7/13/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi darrel.
>I think you didn't catch what browser I am trying to use.
>Lynx l y n x doesn't have javascript support.
>I am trying primarily to get this working with links l i n k s, and not the
>standard one that may be on your system but the development 2.0 or above.
>Whether the site works with l y n x or l i n k s, the point is that jaws
>should
>not be the only standard for accessibility.
>
>Cheryl

Best regards,
Darrell Shandrow
Access technology consulting / network and UNIX         systems administration.
CompTIA A+      Certified Service Technician!

---