woody root.bin

Boris DAIX <Boris.Daix@insa-lyon.fr> writes:

> Hi all,
>
>    I'd like to build a root.bin image for getting hand on
> floppy-install for Debian GNU/Linux Woody.

We just tired that, and I'm afraid it just doesnt fit onto the root.bin.

But if you dont mind using three disks, I developed
a method to load brltty from a separate disk.
Check ftp://ftp.tugraz.at/incoming/debian
for the files I just sent over to kajarii for first time
real-world testing.  I tested the procedure in theory
(without having a brailledisplay connect) and it worked.

The whole idea is that we load brltty via tar
from a disk directly.  The only modification
I made to root.bin is essentially editing /etc/init.d/rcS and
inserting

echo "Please insert BRLTTY disk and press ENTER"
read ret 1 </dev/console
cd /
tar xf /dev/fd0
/sbin/brltty

So, read the file INSTALL in the ftp directory,
and try it.  Please tell me if that worked for you, and if
it is a useable solution at all.

--
CYa,
  Mario