The Minicom Saga (cont.)

John,
To quit minicom, just do control-a x and then, even though on the braille
display it may look like no is selected it isn't; just hit enter; it will
tell you it is resetting the modem and then exit.
As for the dialing out, look in your dialing directory and make sure you
have the number and all the info set up correctly; another way to test
this would be just to do control-a d and then m for manual; then you can
type in the phone number and listen to what happens. By the way, have you
used this modem under linux other than what you are now doing with
minicom; are you sure the modem is working under linux?
My problem is that I set minicom to /dev/ttyS1 to interface with my
braillelite, so now my braille display quits every time I go into minicom;
that's ok if I also have speakup loaded but otherwise I then have to kill
minicom and restart brltty. Looks like I may have to set minicom back to
/dev/ttys# (seems to be what it's choosing for the default) and only put
in /dev/ttyS1 when I want to download or upload to brltty.
As for the baud rate, I was wondering about this too, as I allways have to
braillelite. Is there a way to reset this permanently?
Also, I finally got minicom to upload and download using my braillelite,
but it only downloads or uploads a small portion of the file before the
transfer stops. I do consider this progress, but any suggestions as to why
I can't transfer the entire file would be appreciated.
Thanks.

--
				Cheryl