Something compatible with xcel

Sorry for the post to two lists; I meant to send to blinux originally and
accidently sent to blinux-newbie.

I am being hired for a job which I do in my home; basically being payed
through Personal Care Medical Assistance for doing some of my daughter's
care. My problem is the timesheets.'The timesheets are just simple normal
timesheets where you put in the dates ad time/hours; they have all these
long lists of tasks you hae to check that you did, and you have to check
them on the one time sheet for each day. Each time sheet is used for a
week.
Since my job isn't in an office, I can't go into the office to fill them
out. I was asked if I had a friend who could come "every day" to help me
fill them out, to which I of course said I did not. At first they were
going to just let me mark for each day on a computerized text list of
tasks which I would then email in and would be transferred to a pre-signed
timesheet, but the idea of pre-signing a time sheet caused major waves
from the top. Their time sheets are in xcel; they are telling me there is
a linux program that can take the xcel timesheets and that I "save it as
xcel" but I am suspicious that this my require using Xwindows. They also
asked me about the possibility of doing an "electronic signature" about
which I know nothing. It's very frustrating; if I could just write up a
time-sheet with all the tasks listed and checked and all the other info
they need included on the seet, I probably could do it fairly easily; then
I'd either have to find a way to print it and mail it or find a way to get
around the signature problem. As it is, they seem to want this on their
time sheet, and I have major concerns about whether their timesheet is
going to translate into something meaningul for me, something where I can
actually have confidence that I am checking the right boxes. If you mess
up a time sheet, it not only delays your pay, but you have to go into the
office and sit there and re-do the sheet, if I understand correctly. With
my daughter's needs, having to do this would be a major problem.
Is there a text-based linux program I can use that will take xcel forms,
make them intelligible to me, and still spit them back out in the correct
form for my employer?
Can anybody tell me anything about "electronic signatures"?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated; even unreasonable ideas will
probably be given consideration at this point!!!
Thanks.

--
				Cheryl

--