The Minicom Saga (cont.)

Hello all,
Thanks to all of you who gave me suggestions. Minicom is now accessing the
modem and I can use it in other logins besides root. However, the goofy
interface continues to cause trouble. Part of this may be because I am
using a Braille display that shows the framing characters as question
marks. I'm even having trouble getting the program to quit. It gives a yes
or no choice, but doesn't respond in the way most programs do. Is there a
way to just get it to quit when it is told to do so, without making sure
that that's what you want it to do.
My modem is a special one which can generate either 300 baud ASCII or
baudot. I am getting the messages I expect from it, but so far minicom
won't dial out. It also seems to want to communicate at 38400 baud. At
least that''s what is on the screen.
John

--
Computers to Help People, Inc.