Strange behavior with braillelite and brltty

I am using brltty-2.99.6 and a braillelite 40. I honestly can't remember
whether I had this problem with the previous version of brltty; could go
back to that to find out if necessary.
Occasionally, when reading the screen using the advance bar, my display
will suddenly jump me back to the position I would be at if I wasn't using
my advance bar. It doesn't seem to happen all the time, and I have no
problem resuming reading, but it's annoying.
The only thing I can think of that I've done to my system lately other
than changing to the lastest brltty version is adding a serial line to my
lilo.conf so that I could read messages if I ever got stuck in boot. I
wouldn't think that would be related to this little problem, but I suppose
it's possible. Has anybody else had this happen and did you find the
cause?
TIA!

--
				Cheryl