Extracting Entire Audio CD as one big Wave File

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Martin McCormick wrote:

 > 	I burned some CD's on a Philips CDR870 and did not do a
 > very good job of indexing the tracks.  Now that I got cdrecord
 > and both cdparanoia and cdda2wav working under Debian Linux, I
 > think I remember reading on this list that one can extract all
 > tracks as one huge Wave file.  Of course, it is then necessary to
 > edit that enormous file in to new Wave files which I will attempt
 > to do later, but my question is whether or not it is possible
 > using existing tools to combine 2, more, or all individual tracks
 > on a CD in to a single Wave file?
if you want to copy an entire audio-cd in the same order and lenght use:
cdparanoia "1-" data.wav
then use:
cdrdao read-toc cd.toc  with the correct devices for both commands ofcourse
This will write a table-of-contents file for you which you can use with
cdrdao to write your disk-copy.
I found that cdrdao is more souted for audio-disk writing then cdrecord is.
There's a deb-package of cdrdao as well.