Ecmascript and Lynx/Linux

Hi John and all:
the two main issues, as far as javascript and my Internet needs, are
shopping/banking sites and audio sites. From what I have heard from
windows users, I think you are right; they have their own problems with IE
and Jaws (or other screen readers for that matter). But I do know that my
friends using IE and jaws can access, for instance, the audio sites
through www.oneplace.com as I posted here a couple of days ago, and also
the sites from www.broadcast.com. They also usually appear to be able to
shop without hitting "unsupported url scheme" just as they get to the
final checkout! However, there is, as you point out, a blance here.  Most
of my friends in windows do seem to have more difficulty with forms. I
also do have to say that, even in linux, having the braille display has
made filling out forms so much easier for me than it used tobe!
So this isn't an issue of either/or; I can't imagine myself dumping linux
or even lynx for that matter. But it would be nice to also be able to
access some of the things that blind users of windows can access and I
frankly can't. But I am very aware that having windows is no guarantee of
javascript accessibility either!

--
				Cheryl