Ecmascript and Lynx/Linux

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, John J. Boyer wrote:

> I'm not sure if blind people are much better off in Windows as far
> as Javascript goes, because it mostly generates graphics. Maybe I'm
> wrong, but what could a text-based browser do with Javascript anyway?

Javascript is used to generates nicer buttons or such which are hiding
underlying URLs.  However, by having lynx display the source for the page
containing Javascript (using the \ key) you then can find out what those
URLs are pretty easily.  There could be nicer ways to do so but that's at
least a start.

Nicolas